Eighth Session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
Pre-registration is now open
Indigenous Peoples' Organizations and academics that have previously attended the Permanent Forum and all NGOs with ECOSOC consultative status
Indigenous Peoples' Organizations that are attending the Permanent Forum for the first time
Academic institutions that are attending the Permanent Forum for the first time
18 - 29 May, 2009
UN Headquarters, New York
Provisional agenda and documentation for the eighth session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
- Election of officers.
- Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
- Follow-up to the recommendations of the Permanent Forum on:
- (a) Economic and social development;
- (b) Indigenous women;
- (c) Second International Decade of the World’s Indigenous People.
- (a) Implementation of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
- (b) Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of indigenous peoples and other special rapporteurs.
Practical Information for Participants
Frequently asked questions on NGO participation:
[Accreditation and Pre-registration]
[Submission of written statements]
Handbook for Participants at the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues