Call For Submissions / Aboriginal Arts, Culture and Entrepreneur Centre (AACE)/Aace Logo Contest / Toronto, ON / Deadline Date: Friday, January 30, 2009
The Miziwe Biik Development Corporation is in the process of developing a centre that will promote a sustainable cultural economy through showcasing the excellence of Aboriginal artist entrepreneurs through the arts and culture. The Centre will be located in Toronto and it will include space for art galleries, artist work studios, events programming, classrooms, artist live-work studios and retail spaces that will support and promote Local, Provincial, National and International Aboriginal art and culture.
The contest is open to Canadian Aboriginal (see Rules and Regulations below) Artists and designers.
All entries must be post marked on or before 12:00 noon PST on January 30, 2009
The winning qualified entry will be awarded $5,000.00. There are no secondary prizes.
Designs submitted to the AACE Logo Contest:
- must be original and not based on any pre-existing design
- must include traditional and contemporary design elements
- must not be representative of a single Aboriginal group
- may not include any text/words other than the acronym "AACE"
- should include silver and/or copper
- should be designed with production in mind
- artwork designed in or that can be made readily adaptable in, Encapsulated Postscript (.eps) or Illustrator (.ai), will be given preference AACE Logo Contest - Miziwe Biik Development Corporation
- designs should be effective and easily reproduced in various branding/identity formats including print (e.g. letterhead, posters, banners) and digital (e.g. web, PowerPoint, video)
- designs must scale up/down depending on use
- designs should look good in different colour spaces for screen and print (RGB and CMYK). 1-3 colour Pantone designs are acceptable
- original uncompressed and or layered production quality files will be required from the winning entry.
Rules and Regulations
By entering the logo contest, entrants:
- confirm that they have reached 18 years of age or older before the deadline for entries date (January 30, 2009)
- confirm that they are of Canadian Aboriginal ancestry (Status, Non-Status, Metis, and Inuit peoples). The contest winner must provide proof of eligibility
- confirm that their work is original and not based on any pre-existing designs and does not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks
- agree to transfer the copyright on their design to Miziwe Biik Corporation should they be the contest winner. With the transfer of the copyright, the winning design becomes the property of Miziwe Biik Development Corporation and any reproduction or use of the design requires the permission of the Development Corporation. Also, with the transfer of the copyright, Miziwe Biik Corporation may make changes or further developments to the design.
Selection will be based on creativity, design and how well the entries represent the intentions or vision of AACE. A strong emphasis will also be placed on how well the entries meet with standard reproduction requirements for identity and branding artwork/design. The selected entrant must sign an agreement that acknowledges their acceptance of all the rules and regulations of the contest. If it is determined that none of the entries, meets the specific requirements of AACE, Miziwe Biik Development Corporation reserves the right not to award a winning prize.
The selected entrant will be notified by telephone at the completion of judging, on or around February 16, 2009. The prize will be awarded and the winner announced, once it is confirmed that all conditions of this contest have been met.
- Entry Specifications/How to Enter
- Entrants may submit up to 2 original designs
- Entries should be in the form of a digital file sent on a CDR/DVDR disk (no mini disks).
- Do not send original artwork or slides.
- Files should be print quality and can be saved in any standard graphic format (tif or jpeg) but ideally, they should be original vector files (.eps /.ai, up to CS4).
- Include an 8.5 in x 11 in print out of your design(s) (do not roll).
- Include a printed note (100 words or less) describing your design and on the same page, include a bio note (50 words or less).
- Please ensure that all documents include your name and contact information.
Miziwe Biik will not be responsible for any designs or information that cannot be readily identified.
Submit Entries To
Miziwe Biik Development Corporation
167 Gerrard Street East
Toronto ON M5A 2E4
Ref: AACE Logo Contest
Note: The telephone number is for courier requirements only. For any inquiries, please direct them to the email address listed below.
Enquiries (do not send entries by email) firstname.lastname@example.org