2009 Partnerships for Indian Education Conference
The 2009 national conference provides an opportunity for Indian education partners at all levels to participate and engage in an effective dialogue for addressing the issues facing American Indian and Alaska Native students, their schools, families, and communities.
- One all-access name badge and conference materials
- Plenary luncheon sessions
- Continental breakfasts and daily refreshments
- Dinner on Day 1
The 3-day forum will help foster communication, collaboration, and cooperative strategies among federal, state, local and tribal agencies, and national advocacy organizations.
The conference seeks to:
- Share information on successful collaborative interagency partnerships in Indian education
- Provide opportunities to discuss current research in Indian education
- Engage and discuss research-based projects suitable for replication
- Reveal the latest and most innovative practices that successfully advocate for Native student success in all areas of their community
The 2009 Partnerships for Indian Education conference will bring together educators, administrators, researchers, parents, policy makers, and advocates to address the unique needs of American Indian and Alaska Native students. Join us in building a stronger and more resilient community.
Call for Presentations
Proposals for presentations and workshops are invited on the following education-related topics that may focus on students, schools, family, and community:
- Current Research
- Interagency Partnerships
- Innovative Program Practices
- Safe and Healthy Communities
More information for presenters
Join us April 17 – 19, 2009 for the 2009 Partnerships for Indian Education conference in Norman, Oklahoma.
- Presenter Submission Deadline: Feb. 25, 2009
- Advance Registration: Jan. 13 – April 10, 2009
- Late/Onsite Registration: April 11 –18, 2009
The conference willl be held in Norman, Oklahoma at the brand new Embassy Suites Norman - Hotel & Conference Center.
Embassy Suites Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
2501 Conference Drive
Norman, OK 73069